Listen In as Dr. Moore Talks About Starting Exercise or Getting Back to It When Living With Pain or After an Injury or Trauma
One of the main things I hear in my practice and from folks online is how they hold fear when it comes to starting an exercise program or getting back to one when living with chronic pain or following an injury or trauma. Particularly when it comes to strength training, there is often hesitation and concern that such an exercise program may cause more pain or disability. In today’s episode I break down for you what I tell my own patients and what everyone needs to hear when it comes to exercising whilst living with chronic pain or disability. I know, I live it, and I’ve built my health back after decades of chronic pain. I’ve also helped countless patients do the same. I hope this helps you on the path to gaining your physical and mental strength back!
- 10:39 – Why you should find someone who specializes in musculoskeletal medicine to assess your joints
- 18:44 – Reprogramming movement patterns
- 28:25 – Dr. Moore talks about hormesis and how it translates to strength training
- 49:25 – How to find a good strength and conditioning coach
- 54:16 – Where to find Dr. Moore’s free Ebook